Couldn't we just make it work?
Please.
With our landlords' blessings (who wouldn't allow crafty tenants to improve their property when it doesn't cost them a dime?), we began the demolition today.
Getting ready for the action
Ben, absolutely in his element
Now, time to remove that pesky extra wall
There it goes! (see how much of our closet we couldn't reach before?)
Next step, finish out the door frame with trim, figure out a door system (I'm thinking a curtain rod and fabric as our cheapest option), and reinstall our closet bar and maybe some shelves.
The idea? I go off to visit my dear friend Kaycee in Kauai, and return to find it ALL done! Anyone interested in a wager?
;-)





Wow, that is going to be so much better!! I agree with the curtain rod and fabric, much easier access.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I just can't understand why it was walled-in to begin with. While a curtain rod and fabric are cheapest, I worry they might -look- cheap. Maybe I'll propose to landlords that we'll pay for fabric and a rod, or they can spring for doors/hardware and we'll install for them. Not a bad deal, I think!
ReplyDeleteNext project- the baby room!
Now's when you need a place like Mills End fabric near Albany.. can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I miss that fabric shop! Maybe there is a place in Berkeley with ends of decorator fabric for cheap? If I lived up there, I'd help you sew it.
ReplyDeleteYeah that is weird. It definitely used to have a bigger door. Perhaps they wanted wall space and an outlet. What is with the window? I hope your landlords will pay for the doors. It would be nice to shut out an area that typically gets a little disorganized. But fabric would be fun to choose too.
ReplyDelete