Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tight as a drum

I'm 30 weeks today. That means we have a mere 10 more weeks to go until our little one arrives (give or take a few weeks on either end)

Starting to feel rather uncomfortable. I know I still have a lot of growing to do, but frankly, I'm perplexed as to where it's going to fit!

Symptoms of discomfort include heartburn and acid reflux. No fun. Earlier on, I'd just pop a Tums and call it fixed. Not as easy now. I've had recommendations for cutting out acidic food like tomatoes and citrus, sleeping with a wedge under our mattress, and avoiding reclining for 2-3 hours after a meal. Any other tips?

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty great. Trying to hit an exercise class at least once a week, and struggling to keep up with my exercise pal Lauren when we run. Somehow, the minute we take off, I instantly need the bathroom again. Not appreciated!

Nursery update: none. Nadda. Zilch. We've been working on our bedroom closet when Ben has time, and I just can't face my office supplies closet (located in nursery-to-be), all of which has to be schlepped down to the family room for storage. Those damn books are heavy!

2 comments:

  1. How time flies! I would try eating smaller portions, but eating often, like, 6 meals a day. That worked for me. You look great! And don't worry about the nursery, your nesting urges should come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirt;> Did you get rid of the washer and dryer yet? Get it done girl before it gets hot!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment from you!